Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A New Week

What a eventful last few days. After my last blog which gave us such wonderful hope for Olivia, she has had a huge turn of events. On friday we found out that she was put back in the hospital with possible kidney, liver and heart failure. After testing they found out that she has pancreatitis (sp?) which was caused by 2 shots of chemo she had a couple of weeks ago. In very rare cases they have a reaction to these chemos and she had the reaction. It is causing the pancreas to eat away at itself which in turn causes the kidney's and liver to start to shut down. Needless to say she is in bad shape right now. Our prayers and thoughts are constantly with them. Yvonne is going down this Friday to help out in anyway she can. This has been extremely hard on Rachel since Christine is not around since her passing in December
On a lighter note. This pass weekend Jeff and Eric went to an all night softball tournament in Delta. Stephanie went down to watch and I went down to umpire the tournament and was able to see them play a little. They ended up taking 3rd place and did very well. They were excited. It is a very tiring tournament for them and me. I ended up umpiring games at 10 & 11pm, 1 & 2am and games at 5,6,7,8,9 & 11 am. So not much rest that night, but it was fun--cold but fun.
Yesterday was my Uncle Delberts funeral. It was very very nice. Sunday night at the viewing was crazy. They had people come from 6pm to 10pm. It was suppose to go til 8pm. They had the chapel completely full all night and would take 1-2 rows at a time into the RS room. What a wonderful tribute to him to have that many people show their respects. I didn't realize how many people he had impacted in his life.
On Friday and Saturday Alyssa was able to go to Youth Conference. They went down by Scofield and had a service project which was both fulfilling and exhausting for them. They helped the Forest Service take down a bridge. Doesn't sound too hard except they had to haul it out in pieces. Doesn't sound too hard except they had to take the pieces out 1 mile and then hike back in a mile to the bridge. They probably made at least 7 trips each. Good experience though.
Yvonne and Katie stayed home while we were all gone. They were able to shop and just spend time together and get some things done.
To end the day we (me, yvonne, eric and stephanie) went out to Thanksgiving Point and watched the Stihl Lumberjack competition. It was really cool. I have seen these on ESPN before and it was great to see it in person. The competitions were amazing. Great athletes and really cool things to see

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Randy,
I am so glad that you have a family blog, I love reading them and keep up on everybody's life. Heidi & Jonathan, Jenny & Jared and Jake & Neena have blogs also. I guess I should get one. I guess the person that you were talking about (that is sick) is Yvonne's neice. That is so sad! I only read your latest entry, so I need to read the rest.
Love ya, Lisa

HBC said...

I saw the lumber jacks up in Alaska do a show and it was so so neat! Sounds like you guys are involved in a lot of fun things! I think Scott needs to be on one of Jeff's softball teams this summer. It would be much more fun to be at the ballpark two nights a week sitting with family! ;)

Brenda said...

Great minds think alike, I was actually going to start a blog today. . .but now I'm out of time. Maybe tomorrow. It's good to read about your family