Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mr. Mom

Well this has been a very interesting week. Yvonne went down to Las Vegas to help Rachel with her little boy Aaron while Rachel spent time at the hospital with Olivia. So that left the rest of us to fend for ourselves. There have been other times in our marriage when Yvonne has left for days at a time but this time it has caused me to really appreciate having a spouse to share things with, whether it be housework, yardwork, meals, church or going to the kids ballgames and activities. I don't know how single parents do it. Having to work all day and then come home to take care of everything that needs to be done, plus be involved with the kids, it isn't easy. Even with older kids that can take care of themselves it is still stressful. I am extremely glad that I don't have to do this more. (i hope Yvonne doesn't see this as she will think she can never leave again) Even though things don't go as smoothly as it does when Yvonne is in charge, I think we are still do okay. Nobody goes hungry, usually, the laundry gets done, kind of, the kids get where they need to, most the time, and we seem to know where each other is, nearly always! AND we celebrated Jeff's 25th bday sunday. I can't believe it has been that long. It seems like yesterday that we were living in the house on the hill in Provo when we blessed Jeff. Boy a lot has happened in that amount of time and he has turned out to be a great man with a bright future.
Today we are taking Eric and some of his friends down to St. George for a senior trip. Should be fun. Will tell you more when we get back

2 comments:

dmmuaina said...

I am going to be alone for 3 days while Dennis is up your way. I enjoy being alone for a very little time but then reality sets in and I don't want to think about a time when I will really be alone. It is a bit different when the man leaves though because things still get done pretty much the same. Talked to Yvonne today on the phone. I can't get over what a good writer you are. You totally amaze me. Way to go! Love you all Maureen

Family of Strength said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!I am so greatful that Yvonne was able to come be with us. Whether helping at home with Aaron or sitting with me and Livi in the hospital it was great to have subtle reminders of Mom. Thanks to you Randy and the kids for willing to sacrifice your mom for me! Love you all tons!
Rachel