Thursday, June 5, 2008

THE GOOD AND BAD

--We have had some wonderful news and sad news over the past couple of days. The good news is that Olivia's leukemia is in remission which is wonderful news for all of us but especially Bill and Rachel and their little family. I am sure that they will have trials still ahead but with how this could have turned out, this is wonderful news. It is so wonderful to see the goodness of God in their lives. We wish them the best.
--The sad news is the my Uncle Delbert passed away last night. He has been very close to me and my own family. I have many very fond memories of time spent with him and his family as their kids and me and my siblings are all about the same age. I spent a lot of time out in Henefer during the summers and especially during the deer hunts each year. He even would come hunting with us until the last few years. Even though his health wouldn't allow him to hunt he would always drive up and sit with my dad on the ridgetop watching, encouraging and heckling when we couldn't hit a deer. He and my Dad have been extremely close over the years and I am sure it is hard on Dad right now as well. My own family has become close to him over the years as Yvonne and my kids have come out and hunted and spent time there with Delbert and Eilene. We will miss him greatly. He was a great man!

1 comment:

Family of Strength said...

I am so sorry to hear of your uncle Delbert's passing. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun together. I can practically visualize the deer hunts!
Thank you for including Livi's updates. I love the gospel and the way it strengthens families.